Food delivery assistance
Welcome to RI Delivers, Rhode Islanders’ connection to help for those living in quarantine or isolation due to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Our goal is to ensure that for this temporary quarantine period, you have what you need to safely remain home and monitor your symptoms. By doing so, you will help slow the spread of COVID-19. If you are under quarantine, you should not leave your home for any reason. Below you will find links to programs and delivery services available to you. If you have a question or need further guidance, call 2-1-1 or the Point at 401.462.4444. Multilingual representatives are available.
Groceries and Markets
Many of Rhode Island’s local and big-box grocery stores are offering delivery. Due to demand, there may be a delay in delivery.
- www.amazon.com services Amazon Pantry and Whole Foods customers
- delivery.bjs.com services BJ’s Wholesale customers
- www.instacart.com services the following stores: Aldi, Price Right, Shaw’s, and Target customers
- www.imperfectfoods.com grocery subscription that offers imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy
- www.peapod.com services Stop & Shop customers
- www.walmart.com services Walmart customers
- Misfits Market offers organic produce for up to 40% less than grocery store prices
- www.farmfreshri.org is Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s Market Mobile Program and services everyone for fresh fruits and veggies, locally raised meats & fish, and some pantry staples. Twice/week delivery service
- shipt.com offers delivery from CVS, Petco, Shaws and Target
- sourcewhatsgood.com a RI-based app that is organizing delivery and pick-up of locally grown vegetables & meats and locally made kitchen staples
- Thomsen Food Service is offering delivery within a 15 mile radius of their distribution center
- Sid Wainer is offering home delivery of vegetable boxes, fruit, meat, seafood and other products to Providence and Newport. Home delivery will be expanding to additional towns in coming weeks, check website for updates. (Note: Many products from this restaurant supplier are sold in large quantities-be observant when ordering.)
- Baldor Boston is now delivering restaurant quality products right to your door in select Rhode Island zip codes from Aquidneck Island, East Bay, to West Bay, Providence metro and Westerly. (Note: Many products from this restaurant supplier are sold in large quantities-be observant when ordering.)
- Saboriza is a Providence based digital supermarket delivering groceries, produce, meat and other products all over the United States
Did you know?
Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
RI Community Food Bank hosts the most up to date pantry information. Many Rhode Island communities are offering delivery of food and other critical supplies. Visit online or call 401.942.6325 for a pantry near you.
Meals on Wheels is delivering daily meals to persons over 60 years old. Register online or via phone at 401.351.6700.
Green Line Apothecary is offering free delivery of prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and other supplies.
White Cross Pharmacy delivers medication and over the counter needs throughout ALL of Rhode Island. You can even chose the type of packaging you want. Delivery and special packaging is always free. Call 401-726-6200 EXT 2
Contact your pharmacy to see if they are offering delivery in your area.
Help A Neighbor
www.nextdoor.com offers a “help map” which serves as an interactive map of your neighborhood where you can mark yourself as someone who can pitch in for neighbors who need it.
cartwheelRI is offering a donation-based grocery delivery service in Providence.
AHOPE (Americans Helping Others ProspEr) is a nonprofit organization with volunteers throughout the state who deliver groceries/medicines to homebound (High-Risk) individuals. To place request, go to covidHelpRI.com or call 401-484-1819.
These convenient meal kit services deliver weekly menus and pre-portioned ingredients to make staying in a little easier. Meal kits can range in price, shop around to see which experience fits your budget.
- Apex Meals RI - is a RI based meal prep service that delivers fresh nutritional meals right to your doorstep.
- Blue Apron - Best for those who enjoy comfort meals and trying something new
- Dinnerly - Best for simple meal prep
- EveryPlate - Best for those on a budget
- Freshly - Best for those who crave home cooking but don't actually cook
- Gobble - Best for those committed to cooking but have no time
- Green Chef - Best for those who are following a specific diet plan
- HelloFresh - Best for those with food allergies
- Home Chef - Best for big appetites
- Purple Carrot - Best for plant-based diets
- Sun Basket - Best for organic lovers