Food delivery assistance
Welcome to RI Delivers, Rhode Islanders’ connection to help for those living in quarantine or isolation due to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Our goal is to ensure that for this temporary quarantine period, you have what you need to safely remain home and monitor your symptoms. By doing so, you will help slow the spread of COVID-19. If you are under quarantine, you should not leave your home for any reason. Below you will find links to programs and delivery services available to you. If you have a question or need further guidance, call 2-1-1 or the Point at 401.462.4444. Multilingual representatives are available.
Groceries and Markets
Many of Rhode Island’s local and big-box grocery stores are offering delivery. Due to demand, there may be a delay in delivery.
- Farm Fresh RI – Fresh food from local farmers delivered to your home (must live in delivery area). EBT/SNAP accepted (ONLY for pick up) . Delivery to Providence, Pawtucket and East bay only. If outside of these areas, may put in an order for contactless pick up at 10 Sims Ave in Providence, RI. Minimum order size $60 for pick-up/delivery. Must create an account and order online, email [email protected] when using EBT/SNAP benefits. Pay with card online, cash/ card when doing pick up. Since this is considered a farmers market, individuals EBT/SNAP benefits are doubled.
- Delivery: Tues-Friday 7am-6pm.
- Curbside Pick up: Tuesday 12pm-4pm, Friday 10am-4pm.
- Order online: https://www.farmfreshri.org/homedelivery/
- Stop & Shop (Peapod/Pick up) – https://stopandshop.com Groceries/Toiletries home delivery. EBT/SNAP accepted for peapod delivery and pick up orders. Order online only. $30 minimum . Peapod (delivery) runs through the normal store hours (7:30am-8:30pm). Must use a credit/debit card to pay online.
- Order online: https://stopandshop.com
- Meals on Wheels RI - For Adults 60 and over (if under the age of 60 there are eligible waiver programs through DHS, PACE, NHPRI). Must be unable to prepare nutritious meals due to physical/psychological limitations. Person must be “homebound.” To access, referrals must be completed and submitted online www.rimeal.org or over phone (401)-351-6700. Meals are free, but donation is encouraged of $3.00 per meal – donations collected on Fridays (cash, check, or mailed in). Recipients of the waiver programs are not asked for donations. Meals delivered Monday – Friday 9:30am-2:00pm, additional frozen meals can be delivered for the weekend on request.
- Online referral form: http://www.rimeals.org/register-for-meals
- Instacart – A Website that offers home delivery services from stores. For groceries and other items.. No contact delivery is an option at checkout. Credit/Debit card only.
- Online order only: https://www.instacart.com/store/shaw/storefront
- Individuals can shop at any participating retailer as long as the state is participating in the SNAP online purchasing pilot. (Rhode island IS participating)
- Individuals must link a credit/debit card to cover other fees/ non-ebt SNAP eligible items.
- Stores that are accepting SNAP payments online:
- ALDI, BJ’s, Walmart, Amazon, Stop and Shop
- https://www.instacart.com/help/section/360013745771 Refer here for other questions!
- Cartwheel RI- https://www.fb.907.cartwheelri.org/order Delivers food pantry orders to Pawtucket, Providence, Central Falls, and Cranston free of charge.
- The United Way- https://www.unitedway.org/ - Free food referrals through the Elisha Project. Individuals can call 2-1-1 and self-refer for food as well.
Did you know?
Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
RI Community Food Bank hosts the most up to date pantry information. Many Rhode Island communities are offering delivery of food and other critical supplies. Visit online or call 401.942.6325 for a pantry near you.
The Office of Healthy Aging provides information on senior centers that are extending meal sites to include delivery for older adults.
Meals on Wheels is delivering daily meals to persons over 60 years old. Register online or via phone at 401.351.6700.
Most major pharmacies, like CVS and Walgreens, are offering free delivery of prescriptions during the crisis.
Green Line Apothecary is offering free delivery of prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and other supplies.
White Cross Pharmacy delivers medication and over the counter needs throughout ALL of Rhode Island. You can even chose the type of packaging you want. Delivery and special packaging is always free. Call 401-726-6200 EXT 2
Contact your pharmacy to see if they are offering delivery in your area.
Help A Neighbor
www.nextdoor.com offers a “help map” which serves as an interactive map of your neighborhood where you can mark yourself as someone who can pitch in for neighbors who need it.
cartwheelRI is offering a donation-based grocery delivery service in Providence.
AHOPE (Americans Helping Others ProspEr) is a nonprofit organization with volunteers throughout the state who deliver groceries/medicines to homebound (High-Risk) individuals. To place request, go to covidHelpRI.com or call 401-484-1819.
Many of Rhode Island’s eateries are providing delivery and special menus. For a list of restaurants statewide, visit Eat Drink RI.
Several restaurants work with companies like:
These convenient meal kit services deliver weekly menus and pre-portioned ingredients to make staying in a little easier. Meal kits can range in price, shop around to see which experience fits your budget.
- Apex Meals RI - is a RI based meal prep service that delivers fresh nutritional meals right to your doorstep.
- Blue Apron - Best for those who enjoy comfort meals and trying something new
- Dinnerly - Best for simple meal prep
- EveryPlate - Best for those on a budget
- Freshly - Best for those who crave home cooking but don't actually cook
- Gobble - Best for those committed to cooking but have no time
- Green Chef - Best for those who are following a specific diet plan
- HelloFresh - Best for those with food allergies
- Home Chef - Best for big appetites
- Purple Carrot - Best for plant-based diets
- Sun Basket - Best for organic lovers